Tuesday, November 13, 2012

7 Months Old

My baby is 7 months old!!! No, no, no I don't like it one bit! OK, maybe I like it a little bit because she's so much fun! Here's an update on this growing girl:
 
Eating, like always, is a breeze. This girl takes after her mommy and loves to eat! Still BFing so I'm not exactly sure how many ounces she takes, but its probably around 6-8oz. Solids are still getting gobbled down at every meal, and there are now 3 meals a day! Breakfast, lunch, and dinner just like the big kids do. I still make all of her food, except for some teething snacks I bought, which are gone in no time. They're meant to dissolve so she won't choke, but they still get eaten right up! Her pediatrician gave the go-ahead to start giving her water, but she's not a big fan just yet. I've tried putting it in a bottle and in a sippy cup, but she jut chews on them. So instead I have to trick her and squirt it into her mouth with the medicine dropper. She still looks at me like I'm giving her vinegar though.
Eating in a high chair. Big girl!
 
Sleep is finally happening!!!! I don't have the words to describe how seriously ecstatic I am about this! Being sleep deprived for 6 months is no walk in the park, but we've finally conquered the sleep demons. She takes three 30 minute naps a day. One at 9, then at 11:30-12, and then again at 2:30. I wish they lasted longer but I'm not complaining! Then she gets dinner and a bath around 6 and she's in bed asleep by 7. She still wakes up once a night but she'll cry for about 3 minutes and then fall back asleep and wake up at 7. Works for me!!!
Happy girl in the mornings

Still at the bottom of the charts when it comes to weight. She weighs about 14lbs and is about 27 inches long. She's in mostly 6-9mo clothing, but can still fit in 3mo dresses, and size 2 diapers. I am guilty though of re-purposing her newborn sized rodeo dress from this summer and making it a shirt! She's still a precious cowgirl in it!
 
      
3 Months                                             6 Months

We officially have a little creepy crawler!!! She crawled to me the for the first time on October 27th, when she was only 28 weeks old! Crazy! And now she's all over the place. Let the real baby proofing begin! Not only is she crawling, but she is starting to pull up on things. I'm really in for it :/ I guess I shouldn't be surprised, the kid did roll over on the changing table in the hospital the day she was born... Mobile munchkin.


Already trying to stand
 
Her little mouth is constantly moving, but no real words or teeth are coming out of there just yet. The way she slobbers and chews on everything she touches, I figured we would have a tooth by now, but no such luck. And that's just fine with me :) She says lots of "ba ba ba's" and "hiiiii" but no mama or dada yet. We're trying to teach her a bit of sign language too, and while she is probably months aways from actually making the signs, it's so fun to watch the wheels turn in her head while she's making the connection. Such a smarty pants. I'm not proud or anything :)

We only have to go to physical therapy 1 or 2 more times and then they're cutting us loose! Can't wait to be done! She improved so fast! We're set to have her helmet on November 20th, so I only have a few more days to kiss and snuggle with her sweet little head :( But I'm ready to get this behind us!

God is so good for blessing us with such a gorgeous, happy, and healthy baby!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sleeping!!! Wooohooo!! Way to hang in there, mama...you knew this day was coming :)

    That video of her crawling is adorable! Such a big girl! Crawling is definitely not happening around here just yet, but I can enjoy the immobility while I have it, I guess! Haha

    PS-Is your hair darker? I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our house is a crazy town now! Be very happy while she's still in one place because once she figures it out, there will be no stopping her! But it's so much fun watching that cute litte booty waddle all over :)

      And yes I changed my hair a little while back for fall. Addyson almost didn't recognize me!

      Delete