Thursday, December 27, 2012

Addy's First Christmas

Well Christmas is over but you wouldn't know it by the looks of my house! We got home late last night after four days of traveling and this house is now filled with the remains of cookie trays, candy platters, boxes piled high with new clothes, and bags filled with new toys! I'll see if I can remember this whirlwind of a week so I can fill you all in on our crazy Christmas week!

We kicked off our festivities with the SWAT team party on Saturday night. We had a blast but stayed out way past our bedtime. Especially since I still hadn't packed us for our four day trek across Texas. So Sunday morning we put it into high gear, and made it to Weatherford just in time for the Cowboys kickoff. - And that's all I'm gonna say about that game because I want to keep this cheerful. - Sunday was Riebe Christmas and it was so great to see all of my family that we don't get to see often enough.
 
We have a fun tradition that was started a few years back when it was decided, and rightfully so, that none of us need a thing anymore but there are tons of people who do. So the tradition became that everyone would pitch in $100 and we would play a dice game called LCR. We each choose a charity to play for and the winner of the game gets to donate all the money to the charity of their choice. This year thanks to my Sissy's winning, the Susan G. Koman Foundation will be getting an extra $1,300, in honor of my Nana!
Money, Money, Money

Monday was spent playing with Santa's littlest helper and stuffing our faces with more sugar. No complaints here! Monday evening we went to the Christmas Eve service at my parents church. The sugar plum got passed around all over the place and met a lot of sweet people who had only seen her on Facebook. Then we headed back to my parents house for our family Christmas.
Reading the Christmas story
 
Now, I know most children get spoiled on Christmas, especially when they are the first born grandchild, but not every kid has a grandmother with a shopping addiction. My kid banked this year.
The first box "she" opened had five gifts inside! Two pairs of shoes and three toys, and she still had thirteen boxes to go! Well that we knew of... Turns out there were two more that my mom accidentally mislabeled for Aarin and Ryan!
Wouldn't they look cute in these outfits though?

Plus the gift from her Aunt Aarin that had five different outfits in it! Addy-girl is stocked up for a while! We all went to sleep and waited for Santa to sneak in through the chimney, but were awaken by one crazy thunder, lightening, and hail storm. I bet you all heard the same stuff at your house, but it was soooo loud! Anyways we woke up Tuesday morning and opened a few more gifts from Santa, our stockings, and some Chanel from my daddy. Woohoo! Good job pops! We ate our breakfast and then packed up our things and headed west for Christmas number four in Abilene!
Rudolph showed up!

We had a delicious lunch at Ryan's aunt and uncle's and watched the kiddies open their gifts.
 
Then it was over to Ryan's dad's for more gifts! Addy-girl got to play all afternoon with her Aunt Kinsley and had so much fun. We stuffed our faces one more time with an awesome turkey dinner and then some relaxing by the fire.
 
 
Wednesday we had to head back home, but not before a stop to see both sets of great-grandparents.
 
We had so much fun with each set of families and we are so blessed to have so many people to celebrate Jesus' birthday with. I always thank God for sending His son to die for me, but sometimes forget that He was born for us too. I sounds cliche, but I do hope that everyone remembers the true reason for this season! Merry Christmas and happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Addy definitely got spoiled, huh? Thanks for the explanation on LRC :-)

    ReplyDelete