Monday, August 27, 2012

Dog Days of August

 
 
So I sat down and began to write this post about 30 minutes ago when I had gotten Addyson down for a nap! Now for those of you who read yesterday's post you're thinking "Say whaaa? I thought that baby never napped!" Well, may God strike me dead if I'm lying, as I was literally typing the sentence "Hope I'm not jinxing myself by trying to write..." who should wake up but miss priss! That's o.k. though because I live for that precious little face!

Wide awake!

So Ryan and I have become short term foster parents to a new dog, Ranger. One of Ryan's friends is building a new house and Ranger needed a place to stay until his new home is finished. He's a sweet yellow lab and since we already have a sweet yellow lab of our own we said we would take him in! I had no idea how excited Maggie would be to have a new live-in friend! These two dogs have given me a run for my money and it's only been two weeks. The first night Ranger helped himself to some nachos that I had left on the kitchen counter. Stupid me. Can't fault the guy for liking Mexican food though! Then on day two he walked through his water bowl so that he could dig his little paws through the trash that was under the sink. He's just a little mischievous, but he really is a sweet pup.

He apparently likes our toilet

I actually feel sorry for Ranger because miss Maggie thinks that we got Ranger to be her personal play toy. She chases that poor boy from the second he wakes until we get him to safety in his kennel at night. Now for those of you who know Maggie you know that she could stand to lose a few 100 pounds, so the running and playing is definitely a good thing for her. Just not so good for the sleep deprived, nearly psychotic new mother...

I will say that they are keeping things interesting around here! God is so good to bless us with a home that is large enough for two big 'ol labs to run around in!

No comments:

Post a Comment