Sunday, October 21, 2012

Fast Fix

I don't know how many of you have been to Home Depot recently and looked for door handles, but they're expensive!! Ryan and I will be putting our house on the market at the beginning of next year so we've been making tiny changes here and there to update our house a little, and one of the things that needed to go were the door knobs. Our house was built with the cheap-o, bottom of the line, 80's looking brass door knobs and they're hideous. So we started a while back buying one or two door handles each month to enhance our little home, but after a while we forgot about it and quit buying them. Well last month I stumbled upon a wonderful little blog thanks to Pinterest that suggested just spray painting ugly brass door knobs. Uhm duh. Why did I never think of that?
 
So this weekend I set my mind to doing away with all things brass. We went to Home Depot and bought Rustoleum Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint.

 
Next I removed all of the ugliness from our doors. The only tool I needed was a Phillips head screw driver, and my hands...I actually did this one at a time because I didn't want to mix up any of the door knobs or screws!

Then I got to spray painting. Easy breezy.

Left them out to dry all afternoon and viola!
 
I'm pretty happy with how they turned out! The pictures don't do them justice but there are tiny little specks of bronze that add a nice shimmer to them.

God is so good for blessing with with a beautiful home!

1 comment:

  1. Such a great idea and definitely a noticeable upgrade! :)

    ReplyDelete