Wednesday, October 10, 2012

We Made It To 6 Months!!!

Can NOT believe that my munchkin is 6 months old already!!! Crazzzzay! She has changed so much in her short lifetime, and I have to say I'm really enjoying my big girl! She is so much fun to play with now! Here are the stats on my half-year old:

We had her 6 month well baby check up this morning and miss Addyson weighed in at 13lbs and 7oz, 9th percentile and 26.5 inches, 76th percentile. Every time we're there our doctor just says "long and lean, long and lean. That's good." Haha. Unfortunately baby girl started running a 100.3* fever this afternoon, but mommy's got the best medicine to fight that fever! We are officially in 6 month onesies and jammies. We've still been using a few 3mo dresses for church and just throwing some leggings on underneath :) She's still precious!

Sleep is getting better. The nap that she had mastered a few weeks back has since come and gone. No clue what happened because I still do everything the same but oh we'll, I'm used to no naps by now. We finally have a routine down for an earlier bed time and I am loving it!! For about two weeks she started waking up just about every two hours, and I was exhausted to say the least. It got pretty ridiculous when she woke up 6 times in one night and I decided I HAD to change something! So change we did and it has worked wonderfully! She's asleep by 7 so Ryan and I get to have a quiet dinner together and enjoy some down time. She still wakes up twice a night but I can handle that! I kept a record of our night routines just in case I ever stumbled upon a schedule that seemed to work and this is what our last night before the change up looked like:
Yes, she fell asleep at 5:45 and was awake again at 5:55!!! (And yes I would nurse her back to sleep. Bad, bad I know but there was no way I could get up and rock or walk her around that many times!)
She does sleep sometimes...
 
She still eats about 4-6oz each feeding but is a maniac when you try to give her a bottle. I hear stories every time I pick her up at church about who got into the bottle battle with her that day. She definitely prefers her mommy. She is still a wonderful little eater when it comes to her solids too. Since last months we've added carrots, green beans, sweet potatoes, pears and bananas to her menu. Last night she finished her "cup" of food and was still hungry so I heated up another cup and she gobbled that one down too! Apparently I'm going to have to start making bigger servings!
Fresh sweet potatoes!

As you already know she started sitting up this month!! It's so much fun to watch her learn new things! And now she has already set her mind to crawling!! It's so cute to watch her up on all fours rocking back and forth. She knows to move her legs but she hasn't quite figured out that her arms have to move too. It won't be long though...

She also likes to plank :)

She still loves both her puppies very much! Maggie is her favorite to watch run and play and she always makes her laugh. But Ranger is her favorite to pet because, we'll he's actually calm enough to sit and let her pet him! And of course there's every baby's favorite, Sophie. She still doesn't haven't any teeth but Sophie is still yummy to chew on.
Sneaking up on Ranger
 
 
God is so good for giving me such a happy healthy baby girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment