Thursday, January 10, 2013

9 Months Already!

Nine months already? Say it isn't so! Same as every other month I'm so sad to see my baby growing up, but completely loving getting to watch her learn new things every day! Here's what's changed for my girl this month:

Eating is going just great! She hasn't had a single allergic reaction to any new foods. -Praying I didn't just jinx myself- This month she's tried out grapes, spaghetti, crackers, bread, and cucumbers. Like always, she loved every bit of it! And I'm pretty sure she was fed a whole host of other things while my head was turned during the Christmas holidays that I'll never know about. Oh well, as long as she's healthy! She still nurses four times a day and eats three full meals with the big kids. She got her pincer grip going and now she loves to feed herself! She has even learned to pick up food she's dropped and put it back in her mouth. Mommy's little helper!
Grapes and oranges

Still teeny tiny in size. We don't go to the pedi until the 14th, but by my guesstimate she weighs 15.5 lbs and is about 28 inches long. She is wearing 6-9 month clothing, which is awesome because she had a whole new wardrobe just waiting for her to be able to fit into! Just this week we moved up to size 3 diapers.

The girl is on the move. She is a serious speed crawler now. She has figured out her way all around the house and is even testing out the stairs a little. Scary, scary. She pulls up and stands up on anything that will hold her weight. The past few week she has started taking steps from one place to the next, like the table to the couch. Walking is just around the corner!!!


Like every kid she loves to play with anything and everything. And I do mean anything...especially things that are not toys. Shoe strings, boxes, her socks- even with a bathtub full of toys she goes for the drain?! Crazy kid.

Still talking up a storm. She has been saying "ma ma ma ma ma" for a while, but now she's finally got it shortened to "ma ma". I know she doesn't associate those words with me just yet, but its still so fun to hear. Just this week she added "da da da da da" to her vocabulary. So I'm sure she's not far away from "da da". She'll also copy us and say "hi" or "hey" when we say it to her. Still working on the sign language and so far the only thing she can do is "bye bye", but of course she never does it when someone is actually leaving. Oh well, I still think she's brilliant :)

We have exactly 20 days until we are helmet free! Woo hoo!!! It's actually kind of bitter sweet though. I'm extremely happy to kiss my sweet girl's head again, and of course put bows on her, but that helmet has added a lot of extra security for my little explorer. She gets more and more brave every day and the helmet has definitely saved us from a few bumps on the noggin. It'll be interesting the first few days without it...

Sleep is still going great! She's in the middle of transitioning her three 30 minute naps during the day though. Sometimes she'll skip the morning and only do two afternoon naps, and sometimes she skips the third nap and just does the first two. Either way, I'm still getting a small break during the day and that's all I can ask for! She only wakes up once during the night, and she only cries for about 1-3 minutes, so I don't even have to go to her anymore. Yay for no more midnight trips up the stairs!
Sleeping Beauty
 

The time is going by waaaay too fast for this momma, but God is so good for blessing us with our beautiful, happy, and oh so lovable "big girl".

1 comment:

  1. Our girls are so much alike!! Jaqs is pretty petite too. I can't believe how close y'all are to being done with the helmet...it seems like we were JUST emailing our concerns about that to each other. Crazy! I can't wait to see her progress :)

    ReplyDelete