Sunday, January 27, 2013

Cheapo Depot Toys

Because I am officially a cheapo-depot I love making toys for my ever wandering little girl. Every morning I sit her down surrounded by all of her toys and after about 5 minutes she's already bored and takes off to roam the house looking for the nearest thing she can get hurt on. {Why is the oven so fascinating??} So I'm constantly trying to find new, safe, and easy ways to keep her entertained.

I took a cue from our diaper changing time. If she can get her tiny dimpled hands on the baby wipes box while I'm changing her diaper, the wipes are a goner. She can pull 64 wipes out of the box in 10 seconds flat. So since she seemed to have so much fun with it, I decided to make a toy out of it!

All you need is an empty kleenex box (or wipee container), a pair of scissors, and some fabric.

You can buy pre-cut fabric squares or bundles of fabric scraps at any Hobby Lobby. {Using different textured fabrics would make it even more fun.}

Then cut the fabric into as many squares, or rectangles depending on you container, as you wish. And now for the hard part: shove all the fabric into the box. Viola!

You can take the time to fold your fabric neatly so that they come out all nice and pretty like the real kleenex or wipes, but I only did that the very first time. After that it became pointless and much easier to just stuff it all in there :)
Let the fun begin!
They just keep coming!

The first time I did this for Addyson she played with it for at least 15 minutes straight! Might not sound like a long time to some, but to anyone who has a kiddo you know they have the attention span of  a fly. So that was a loooong time for her to be content in one spot with one toy.
I think she likes it!

God is so good for blessing me with the opportunity to watch my sweet pea get excited over the smallest things!

No comments:

Post a Comment