Saturday, January 12, 2013

Sensory Saturday-Touch

I'm sure we've all heard our mom's tell us to not play with our food, right? Well now that I'm the mommy I'm changing the rules a little bit. Today I wanted to let Addy-girl get a little messy and use her sense of touch with some new textures, and food seemed like the perfect way to do that!

I started out by letting her feel something hard, rough, and crunchy. So she helped me crush up some corn flakes for dinner tonight!

She got it all banged out and then decided it was much more fun to drop it on the floor and let mommy pick it up.

Yes, it got old picking it up every time, but at least she's learning something new: cause and effect!
My action shot

Then came the spaghetti :)

I juiced a couple of oranges and then boiled the spaghetti in the orange juice and a little Gerber Tropical punch and water. I boiled it in the juices because I knew it would eventually end up in her mouth, so I wanted it to taste better than plain pasta. Plus I thought it might color the pasta orange, but that was a fail. {Next time I'll use raspberries or blueberries for some natural food coloring.}

Then we got to playing!
And eating...


She was able to feel the sliminess (is that a real word?) at the beginning, and then toward the end it got very, very sticky!
"It's so tasty too!"

God is so good for blessing us with hands that are able to feel, touch, and grasp the beautiful world around us!

2 comments:

  1. You're such a fun mommy!! :)

    Somehow I haven't seen your last few blog updates :( I was missing Addy girl! Glad to get caught up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'm just now seeing your comment!!! Sorry!

      My kid already get boreds with her toys very quickly so I thought I would mix it up! She's such a little stinker, but I just love her :)

      Delete