Thursday, August 8, 2013

Toilet Paper Play

Ok mommies of toddlers, this ones for you. As you all know keeping a toddlers attention on one thing for longer than 3 minutes can be difficult. You also know that when they do find something to keep themselves occupied that doesn't involve you saying "no, no, put that down, spit it out", well those 3 minutes become the best part of your day. So I stumbled upon this fun little activity by mistake. Well Addyson did it by mistake. Actually Addyson did it on purpose and I didn't catch her in time which was my mistake. Aaaaaanyways,  so I was giving my messy munchkin her nightly bath and letting her splash around in the tub and play with all of her little bath toys. I turned my head for two seconds to get her towel out of the cabinet and when I did she seized the opportunity to grab a whole role of toilet paper and bring it into the bathtub with her. Great. Shreds of t.p. all in the water. I picked it up as fast as I could and then realized that, hey, that feels kind of cool! So I dropped it back in and let her play with it again. Then I came to my senses and took it out because I didn't want to have to fish out all that toilet paper. But it got me thinking that I could spare a roll every once in a while and let her have some fun.

So the next day we used our 20 minutes of fun in the sun playing with bloated toilet paper! This time I just filled up a large bowl with water, handed her the roll and let her have at it. She had so much fun squishing it and then tearing it all up! Mostly tearing it all up...
the first dip
 
 
switching over to duck duck
 
tearing and throwing
 
this one's for you mom!
 
This kept her entertained for quite a while and maybe it will your kiddo too! The best part is there's not a whole lot to cleaning up! I just poured the water out of the bowl and ducky and then left the t.p. out in the sun to dry. I came back out that night, grabbed the roll out of the bowl and dumped it in the trash. Easy breezy!  God is so good for giving us sunshine, water, and toilet paper to play with!!




No comments:

Post a Comment