Monday, August 5, 2013

We're In!

Hey hey!! Hope you are all having a wonderful summer and staying out of the heat!!! We've been spending our last couple weeks of summer moving into our new house!

Our last home we knew we were only going to be staying in for three years, so I've spent plenty of Pinterest hours looking for house decorations and ideas! The hardest part though is waiting for it to all get done!!! Wouldn't it be nice to be rich and have a decorator come in and have the house completely done for you the first night you stay there? Yeah, well that doesn't happen in my world so it will be months and probably even years before I get it looking just the way I want. I've got so many ideas floating through my head, but they'll each just have to wait their turn. And it doesn't really help having the cutest toddler in the world going around un-doing anything I've just done and making a new mess every tiny step she takes. But that's all part of the fun!

So since nothing is really done I'll just show you some pictures our unfinished, work in progress humble abode and share a few plans for the future!!

THE FRONT
OK so it's not the best picture with but you get the idea. The mom who lived here before us had quite the green thumb and had beautiful plants all over. So it's my mission to become way better at keeping up with the outside of my house so it looks just as cute as the first time we saw it. Future plans: a hanging plant beside the door and adding my seasonal wreaths and decorations. (That's an easy one!)
 
THE ENTRY
I love the entry way! It has the two niches you see here plus another further down the hall and a smaller one adjacent the front door. Future plans: ohhhhh the ideas are in the millions! There are so many things you can with these huge niches and I haven't even narrowed down what I really want it to look like. This will be a fun DIY though!
 
THE DINING ROOM
The dining room is directly to your left once you walk in the front door. So far this has been Addyson's favorite room to play in. Go figure? Future plans: New blinds and adding curtains, obvi! We already have our dining room table in, but we're going to be adding a hutch on the back wall. Also, my MIL told me about a place the does custom designed window coverings that would look really cool in those top windows, instead of just leaving them open or putting up blinds. They would look something like this:
 
THE KITCHEN
Here's our sweet little kitchen that has been the thorn in my side :/ First of all there is barely any storage. For those of you that really know me, you know that I have a lot of kitchen stuff. I love to cook and be in the kitchen, but this one doesn't have hardly any room to store all my goodies. You can also see that where our refrigerator is you can't open the freezer door all the way. Nor can you open the drawer right beside it all the way. Maybe minor, but annoying no the less. Future plans: hopefully staining the cabinets, or at least adding more!!
PS-the tile looks hideous in this picture but its actually nice!
Here's the other side of the kitchen and I do love the large windows and window seat! And please excuse the boxes that still haven't been unpacked :/ One day they'll all be gone...right?
 
ADDYSON'S ROOM
This is the only room that's even remotely close to being finished. I wanted her room done first so she could have a little bit of normalcy. The only future plans here are to finished decorating!
 
THE BACKYARD
Here is our very big backyard. I cropped the picture so you can't really tell how big it is. In the back you can see Ryan and my dad working on a fence around the pool to keep out Ms. A and Ms. Maggie. When you walk outside it looks like an infinity pool, but it's definitely not. The yard slopes down and goes for about another 10ft to the fence. Future plans: lots of pool parties and grilling :)
Here is one more shot of the back yard. These are our 5 new raised garden beds with tomato and pepper plants and who knows what else. I told you that previous lady had a green thumb! There are also grape vines down by the pool, plus and apple tree and a peach tree. Future plans: study, study, study so I don't kill all these fruits and vegetables!!!
 
 
Well that about does it for pictures. What you didn't see was another bedroom right beside Addyson's room and a full bath, the master bed/bath and a study. Then upstairs there is another bedroom, full bath, and a media room. They're all disaster zones and I wouldn't want to scare you with pictures!
 
God is so amazingly good for blessing us with another beautiful place to call home. I'm so thankful for our new house and neighborhood to raise our little family in!

No comments:

Post a Comment