Sunday, September 23, 2012

Oh Happy Day

Something amazing has happened in the Turner household- Miss Addyson has started taking a nap!!!! It only took her 5 months and 9 days to get it figured out, but she's finally done it! And it comes at the perfect time of day for me, 4:00. Just as I am getting tired and needing to start dinner! Although most days I start dinner around 10:00am, because I learned quickly with a child who never sleeps that I have to get things done when I can!
Sleeps just like her Daddy

We've got a good routine figured out that will hopefully stick around for a while. At 3:00 the t.v. turns down, the blinds get closed, and the dogs get separated (the last part is key!). Then I start to sing or hum Jesus Loves Me while she gets a fresh diaper and gets swaddled as tight as I can get her- also key for my little wiggle worm. Then I feed her and hold her for exactly an hour and twenty minutes. Sounds crazy I know, but I've been battling this child long enough that I know her sleep rhythms like the back of my hand! She'll stir after 30 minutes and then at 70 minutes and if I'm not there to soothe her back to sleep it's all a loss, so it's easiest to just hold her for the full hour and twenty!
I could just eat those cheeks!

Then, if I can put her down without making a single peep she'll stay asleep. Sweet success. She'll usually sleep for at least an hour, and if I can keep Ryan from going in and loving on her she'll sleep for 2 hours. It's an absolute miracle. My baby is growing up!
Little Pumpkin

God is so good for helping my little angel finally start getting the rest she needs, and for my new break during the day!!!

2 comments:

  1. YAY for naps!! They really are a sanity break :) Especially at that time of day when things could get hairy! I've been trying to get Jaqs to sleep with her head to the side or on her side...not working! Looks like Addyson has that one figure out too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The child rolls over like nobody's business! That's half her problem with sleeping at night, she'll roll all over the place and wake herself up :(

    ReplyDelete